Heart Mind Complacent Malice

Heart Mind Complacent Malice by Natasha Lomov

i. Heart
Oh heart, that which always betrayed me,
And left in my moment of pure and true rapture.
Adieu, my monumental enfeeblement,
The only blemish on the face of power, of control.

Heart is but a symptom of weakness,
A coping mechanism for fools that love.
That which guides you but ultimately,
To inevitable doom.

Don't pick the scabs
Or you will never heal.

ii. Mind
In the putrid pool of sickening truth,
Come the thorns dripping with exquisite lies.
The sick wild things drink their fill,
From the coppice of sacred perjury.

Death before dishonour!
They will swallow up death,
Only to find themselves terribly alive
And submerged in chicanery and artifice.

When will you realise
You're already there.

iii. Complacent
His sickening soliloquy burns and coils
That crippled play thing's face.
For his misadventures seek not peace
On Earth, but a sword, no more, no less.

They only do just what they're told.
The textbook rockstar says,
"Sweetest suicide and first class death
Will never rot your flesh."

He is the one you want
And what you want is so unreal.

iv. Malice
If peace resides inside my head,
Please be sure to count me dead.
For paper demons wage a war,
One I simply can't ignore

All they eat is salt and glass
That's spilled upon the ground.
It's not my fault, but I wish it was.
The fiend I have not found

They sing and scream, "The end is near!"
Till the steeples bend.
But you aren't the ones with open wounds
Who wanted this to end.

Those paper demons burn and tear,
They're as fragile as can be.
I'm the only one they scare,
Someday I will be free,

Because their lies have watered me,
I have become the strongest weed.

Notes: Based on lyrics and cover of Marilyn Manson's 1996 album, Antichrist Superstar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maiden Head (Or Lack Thereof)

Broth For Me And Doily For Tea